Thursday 20 March 2014

Bead Soup Blog Party - What Maddy sent me!

I have been paired with Maddison Langford for this year's Bead Soup party, and I had no idea what she would send me in the way of soupy ingredients. She posted this teaser to give me a clue:



It certainly looked interesting!

Anyway, it came a couple of days ago, and I've finally had a chance to photograph it.

It was all nicely packaged up with a cute bird card - thank you Maddy!




What immediately struck me was this combination of colours, not one I've worked with before...


It would of course be perfectly acceptable to split the colours and work them into different pieces, but a lot of the fun of this challenge is trying something new, so I will have a go!

There are lots of lovely stones in muted oranges, crackly clear and shades of blue:



but these are my favourites (I don't know what they are, but they're beauties!)


Hmm, can see a pair of earrings already.... this is going to be fun!

Lesley

P.S. Maddy has just edited my photo to include labels for all the stones (thanks Maddy!) - here it is:


3 comments:

  1. AWESOME colour work IMO...it may make it easier for you to combine if you add the intermediate colour to make the triadic colour scheme...in this case, yellow-green. Gorgeous! Give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like that color combination and realized it's because it's my college colors! But it's also very summery.

    ReplyDelete